ancient bog oak


I made an exception. Normally I collect my wood myself in the forests or elsewhere in the landscape. Or someone gives me piece of wood or I recycle some old piece of wood I found somewhere. I don't buy it, I don't cut living trees. I wrote about the bog oak I received some time ago. It is local wood found by workers when doing some river regulation. My cousin salvaged some of it, some is still lying outside the workshop there. I already made one tea scoop from it, amazing wood. I wanted to learn more about it so I dig about it on the internet and found interesting page. Two cabinet makers from England are devoted to saving the remaining bog oaks in local fenlands. They are doing this for twenty years, they are doing great job. If you wanna learn more about this head to their webpage: http://www.adamsonandlow.com. I recommend it. So the point is that they sell small pieces online and I could not resist and bought two stunning pieces of their around 3300 BC dated bog oak. The wood is truly stunning and magical. If you just think that the wood is older than pyramids. Imagine those grand oaks growing back than. Those ancient trees prevented in the peat for millennia. Here are few shot of the planks I received yesterday. I will be enjoying these for some time before cut them to smaller pieces to make tea scoops from it. I will probably order another and just keep one in one piece just for my pleasure. I am also looking forward to get some more black bog oak from my cousin, hopefully. I would also like to save the remaining bog oak that is just lying outside the workshop, I just hope that is not totally ruined after all those years laying there.

   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tea bridge - wood and clay

Ancient Redgum